Whether you monitor your finances regularly or tend to only catch up around tax time, the start of the year is always worth having a review. We all tend to plan at the start of the year and this should include planning your finances. Setting goals and reviewing your current budget allow you to really plan ahead and assess whether you are on the right track or not. We have a few ideas to help organise your finances for 2015:
- Review spending habits – have a look at your daily, weekly and monthly spend. If you are creating a shortfall each month, go into detail as to where and how you can prevent any overspend. Conversely, if you have an excess of budget at the end of each month, consider whether to save or invest it so that it can create wealth for you.
- Use an App – there are lots of different Apps for mobiles and tablets that are great at helping you monitor and plan your budgets. We have reviewed some excellent ones here.
- Check your credit report – it is worth checking your credit report from time to time, particularly if you are considering a mortgage or new business venture in the near future.
- Organise all your paperwork – This will make your life a lot easier when it comes to your tax return! Keeping all of your paperwork filed and organised will really help when trying to assess and monitor your financial spending.
- Speak to a Financial Advisor – Whether you are looking for some help formulating the right budget or wanting to look at investing, a financial advisor can be a great source of help. At Anne Street Partners our expert team have a wealth of experience to help you plan your financial future. Find out more today!